Microsoft Translator is a free, personal translation app for 60+ languages, to translate text, voice, conversations, camera photos and screenshots. You can even download languages for offline translation for free to use when you travel!
- Text translation into over 60 languages*, for online and offline use
- Camera translation to translate text within photos and screenshots
- Voice translation to translate speech, and a split-screen mode for two participants having a bilingual conversation
- Multi-person conversation translation – connect your devices and have in-person conversations with up to 100 people across multiple languages
- Phrasebooks for verified translations and pronunciation guides to help you learn important phrases in foreign languages when you travel
- Look up alternate translations and meanings of a word to find the best translation to express yourself
- Download languages for offline use for when you travel without an internet connection
- Hear your translated phrase out loud to help you learn how to say the translation
- View transliterations (pronunciation guides) to help you pronounce the translation (includes Pinyin support for Chinese)
- Share your translations with other apps
- Pin and save your most frequent translations for later
- Translate text in other apps through context menu translation
- Speak to your Android Wear smart watch to get an instant translation
- Automatically sync translations between your phone and Android Wear smart watch
Translator supports the following languages: Afrikaans, Arabic, Bangla, Bosnian (Latin), Bulgarian, Cantonese (Traditional), Catalan, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Fijian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hmong Daw, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kiswahili, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malagasy, Malay, Maltese, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Quer’etaro Otomi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic), Serbian (Latin), Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tahitian, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh, and Yucatec Maya.
Microsoft Translator is powered by cutting-edge technology used by Office, Bing, Skype, Internet Explorer as well as by partners such as Twitter, Yelp, eBay, WeChat and more.
Location Permission: Microsoft only uses your location to show you where conversation occurred. We display this location in your conversation history.
*Some features are not available in all languages.